The TCPA committee resolved on 1st April 2016 to endorse the “six key steps to successful infrastructure planning” identified by Infrastructure Victoria in its review of good practice in infrastructure:
- Build consensus through collaboration with the community, industry and all levels of government.
- Establish a long-term plan to guide coordination and prioritisation, and provide certainty.
- Focus on how infrastructure can improve social, economic and environmental outcomes.
- Establish and maintain clear governance structures to prioritise, not politicise.
- Gather solid evidence to improve analysis, transparency and accountability.
- Report results to inform public debate and maintain momentum towards a desired future.