The TCPA congratulates Ms Jackie Fristacky AM who was recognised in the Queen’s Birthday 2018 Honours List for her significant service to local government, and to the community of Melbourne.
Jackie is well-known and respected by TCPA members and supporters.
Jackie has been an independent councillor at the City of Yarra since 2002. During that time her roles have included:
- Mayor, 2005-2006, 2012-2013, and 2013-2014.
- Past Representative to the Victorian Local Governance Association.
- Past Representative, Municipal Association of Victoria.
- Past Representative, Doncaster Rail Local Government Group.
- Member, Public Transport Advocacy Committee, current.
- Past Member, North Fitzroy Library Community Reference Group.
- Member, Australian Local Government Women’s Association, since 2013
Jackie is an active participant and member of a number of transport advocacy groups, in particular:
- Metropolitan Transport Forum, since 2004, and has had Chair, Deputy Chair and Treasurer roles
- Victorian Bicycle Advisory Council, where she was a Member representing Victorian Local Governance Association, 2008-2011.
- Rail Futures Institute where she has been an Executive Member since 2015.
- Transport for Everyone where she has been Vice-President since 2016.
Prior to entering local government, Jackie became an active member of the Industrial Relations Society of Victoria, where she was President in 1991-1992 and awarded a Life Membership in 2000, and the Veteran’s Review Board (Member, 1997-2011, and Senior Member, 2011-2015).