The Town and Country Planning Association
Established in Victoria in 1914, the Town and Country Planning Association is a politically independent not-for-profit association incorporated in Victoria. TCPA advocates integrated planning of land use and transport for ecological sustainability and a healthy living environment.
Our activities include:
- writing submissions to government on urban planning matters
- alerting members to events such as public forums and lectures related to urban planning
- alerting members to news items related to urban planning
- writing commentary and opinion articles
- writing policies such as the Charter for Planning
A submission to City of Melbourne Macaulay Draft Structure Plan Refresh 2020 has been uploaded and can be seen here: Publications > TCPA submissions > Land Use
A submission in response to the City of Melbourne Draft Arden Structure Plan has been uploaded, and can be seen here: Publications > TCPA submissions > Land Use.
Opinion and Commentary
Access to jobs for people living in the outer suburbs of Melbourne is a perennial topic of discussion. It has been suggested recently that a tax should be levied on residents and businesses in the city centre and the inner ring of suburbs to pay for new transport...
- Meet people with a common interest in planning cities
- Develop an understanding of urbanism
- Develop ideas for sustainable cities
- Participate in public discourse about urban planning
- Help define the public interest in urban planning