The Town and Country Planning Association
Established in Victoria in 1914, the Town and Country Planning Association is a politically independent not-for-profit association incorporated in Victoria. TCPA advocates integrated planning of land use and transport for ecological sustainability and a healthy living environment.
Our activities include:
- writing submissions to government on urban planning matters
- alerting members to events such as public forums and lectures related to urban planning
- alerting members to news items related to urban planning
- writing commentary and opinion articles
- writing policies such as the Charter for Planning
On the 14th April 2021, the TCPA committee passed the following motion without dissent. The Town and Country Planning Association supports all levels of Australian governments to undertake explicit steps to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050.
Each year the Town and Country Planning Association Inc. (TCPA) awards the Sir James Barrett Memorial Medal to recognise the best contribution annually to town planning in Victoria. This year the award was presented at our Annual General Meeting on Friday, 19...
Opinion and Commentary
Michael Buxton and Norman Day (separately) comment in The Age on high rise apartment building in central Melbourne : http://www.theage.com.au/comment/dirty-extraction-of-highrise-gold-will-pollute-central-melbourne-for-generations-20150910-gjjh71.html...
This article: Melbourne faces becoming 'Anywhere City' in the Australian edition of The Guardian, is consistent with the sustainability and equity principles embodied in our Charter for Planning, and is well worth reading.
Access to jobs for people living in the outer suburbs of Melbourne is a perennial topic of discussion. It has been suggested recently that a tax should be levied on residents and businesses in the city centre and the inner ring of suburbs to pay for new transport...
- Meet people with a common interest in planning cities
- Develop an understanding of urbanism
- Develop ideas for sustainable cities
- Participate in public discourse about urban planning
- Help define the public interest in urban planning